· United States have won the last four encounters with Peru at the World Cup (1991-2007) after losing their first ever encounter in the competition in 1977 (3-2).
· Three of their five World Cup meetings went to five sets (1977 Peru win, 1991 USA win, 1999 USA win).
· United States have won the last seven meetings with Peru at all major tournaments - World Grand Prix (1994, 2011), Grand Champions Cup (1993) and World Cup (1991-2007). Peru's last win came at the 1988 Olympic Games (3-2).
· United States kicked off their 2015 World Cup campaign with two wins and a defeat.
· In USA's last 18 World Cup matches, the winner of the opening set also claimed the match victory. On November 10, 2007, Thailand were the last side to lose a World Cup match involving United States (3-1) despite claiming the first set.Peru
· After winning 3-0 against Algeria on the opening day, Peru lost back-to-back World Cup matches without winning a set.
· They have now lost six of their last eight World Cup matches by a 3-0 score line. In this span of eight matches, they won 3-0 against Algeria on Saturday and lost 3-2 against Dominican Republic in 2007.
· They have lost their last four World Cup matches going into a fifth set.
· They are one defeat shy of their 50th in the competition. They can become the second team to lose 50 World Cup matches after Korea (57 defeats coming into the 4th matchday).