· This will be the second meeting between these teams at the World Cup. In 2011, Serbia beat Algeria in straight sets.
· These teams have met once at the World Grand Prix (2013), world championships (2010) and Olympic Games (2008). All three meetings were won by Serbia without losing a set.Serbia
· Serbia kicked off their 2015 World Cup campaign with a loss against China (1-3) and victories over United States (3-2) and Peru (3-0).
· The last time Serbia won three consecutive World Cup matches was in November 2007, in their first ever World Cup participation.
· Four of their last five World Cup wins came in straight sets.
· Brankica Mihajlovic is the best spiker of the tournament so far with a success rate of 62.90%. Algeria
· Algeria have lost 13 of their 14 World Cup matches and are winless in their last six since a 3-1 win over Kenia in November 2011.
· Twelve of their 13 defeats in the competition came in straight sets.
· Algeria have yet to win their first set at the 2015 World Cup. They are the only team so far that did not score at least 20 points in a single set.
· Algeria have won the lowest number of total points so far in the tournament (330). Peru are next with 362.