· The only meeting between these nations in the World Cup was in 2007, when Cuba won 3-1.
· They also met at the 2008 Olympic Games, with Cuba winning 3-0 in the quarterfinals.
· Serbia's only victory against Cuba in a major competition was at the 2006 World Championship, when they won as Serbia and Montenegro (3-1).
· Their most recent meeting took place at the World Grand Prix in 2012, when Cuba won 3-0.Cuba
· Cuba are on two wins after eight matches at the 2015 World Cup. Their two victories both came against African sides, Algeria and Kenya.
· Five of their six defeats this campaign were in straight sets. Only against Dominican Republic (3-1 loss) they avoided a 3-0 defeat.
· One more 3-0 defeat would match their total number of straight-sets defeats of their last eight World Cup appearances combined (1981-2007).Serbia
· On Tuesday, Serbia beat Japan 3-2, ending Japan's five-match winning streak at the 2015 World Cup.
· Serbia have now won their last seven matches in the competition, their best run in World Cup history.
· They only failed to beat China in their opening match on 22 August (3-1 defeat).
· Even if they keep winning all remaining matches, Serbia could miss out on the top two spots because of the points tiebreaker.
· Tijana Boškovic scored 28 points against Japan (3-2 win), including 22 spikes from 45 attempts.