· Russia (including Soviet Union) have met United States five times at the World Cup. Russia have won four times, including the last three meetings in 1981, 1991 and 1999.
· USA's only victory against Russia (including Soviet Union) in the World Cup dates back to 1977 (3-1).
· They met twice in the 2015 World Grand Prix, with United States winning both matches.
· Last year, they met four times, twice at the World Grand Prix and twice at the World Championship. USA won three of the four meetings, including both matches at the World Championship.Russia
· Russia beat Peru 3-0 on Tuesday to record their seventh win of this campaign and their sixth in straight sets.
· Only in their 1973 winning campaign, Russia (as Soviet Union) recorded as many straight-set victories as in this year's edition (6).
· Russia can lose two matches in a single World Cup edition for the first time since 1985. Earlier this tournament Serbia proved too strong (3-2).United States
· On Tuesday, United States beat Cuba in straight sets to record their seventh win in eight matches at the 2015 World Cup.
· United States have won their last six World Cup matches, all in straight sets (team record). They can win seven in a row at a single World Cup edition for the first time since a seven-match winning streak in 2007.
· All their seven wins at the 2015 World Cup have been by a 3-0 score line.
· No team have dropped fewer sets at the 2015 World Cup than United States (2). China and Russia follow with five sets lost.