· These teams have met nine times at the World Cup. Korea won their first meeting in 1977 before China won the following eight.
· They most recently met in the 2015 Asian Championship final last May in which China beat Korea in straight sets to claim their 13th title in the competition.
· Korea's last win over China at a major competition came in the 2013 Asian Championship final for third place (3-2).China
· China lost their last match on Monday, 3-0 against USA. China have won six of their last eight World Cup matches. Their only other loss in that span was also against USA (3-2).
· China can lose two World Cup matches in a row for the first time since 1999, when they lost against Russia (3-1) and Japan (3-0).
· China have the highest win rate in the World Cup competition all time with 80.49%. They lost only 16 of their 82 matches.Korea Republic
· Korea Republic will play their 100th World Cup match. The previous 99 ended in 42 wins and 57 losses.
· No other country have played more matches than Korea at the World Cup. Japan have also played 99 World Cup matches.
· Korea have won their last two World Cup matches and can win three in a row for the first time since 1999 when they won their last three of the tournament.
· They also did not concede a set in the last two. In that 1999 streak they also won three in straight sets.
· Another win for Korea will equal their total wins from 2011 (3).