· Argentina have lost all four World Cup matches against Japan. In 1973, 2003 and 2011 Japan won in straight sets, in 1999 Japan beat Argentina by a 3-1 score line.
· Against no other team has Argentina lost four or more World Cup matches. Japan have only beaten Korea (8 times) and Peru (7) more often in the World Cup.Argentina
· Argentina have participated in the World Cup four times. Their best result was an eighth place in the first edition in 1973. They finished 11th in 1999 and 2003 and in 10th place in 2011.
· They have won six of their 39 World Cup matches so far and have lost seven of their last eight. Their only win in this streak came against Kenya, 3-0 in 2011.
· 2011 marked the first time Argentina won their opening match of a World Cup campaign as they defeated Dominican Republic 3-1. They had lost their opener on all three previous occasions.Japan
· Japan and Korea are the only two teams to participate in all 12 World Cup seasons. This includes 2015.
· Japan won the tournament once (1977). They also collected two silver medals (1973, 1981) but have not finished on the podium in the last eight editions. They claimed a fourth place finish in 1985, 1989 and 2011.
· Japan have won 211 sets at the World Cup and could equal Cuba on a record 214 sets won. Cuba will play Kenya on the opening day of the tournament.
· Japan are on a five-match winning streak. They can win six in a row for the first time since their team record of seven successive victories in 1977-1981.