· United States and China will clash for the eighth time at the World Cup. They have met in five of the last six editions.
· United States have won two of their previous seven World Cup matches against China, including their most recent meeting in 2011 (3-2).
· Against no other country have United States lost more World Cup matches than against China (5, also 5 against Cuba).
· Both sides won a match against each other in this year's World Grand Prix.
· China's 3-2 win on 18 July was USA's only defeat in their gold medal winning WGP campaign this year.
· This will be a replay of the 2014 World Championships final, when United States defeated China 3-1.
· After defeating Korea Republic 3-0 on Saturday, the United States fell 3-2 to Serbia on Sunday.
· It marked the first time since 2003 that the US had lost a World Cup match that went five sets.
· Four players reached double figures in scoring against Serbia with Foluke Akinradewo leading the team on 12 points.
· China have won their first two matches at this World Cup. After beating Serbia 3-1 on Saturday, they cruised to a 3-0 win over Algeria on Sunday, restricting the opponents to 24 points.
· China have now won their last four matches at the World Cup, for the loss of only one set.
· Against Algeria, Zeng Chunlei led China's charge, racking up 12 points.