· This is the second World Cup meeting between Argentina and Serbia. In 2011, Serbia won 3-0.
· In major competitions, they have also met in the World Grand Prix, with Serbia winning all three meetings (2012 twice and 2013).
· In these four previous meetings, Argentina only won one set.
· Argentina have won four matches at the 2015 World Cup, a new team record. They won three in 2011.
· This will be Argentina's 50th World Cup match. They have won 10 of their previous 49.
· Serbia can qualify for the Olympic Games if one of these scenarios take place:
· 1) A win.
· 2) A defeat and Russia do not win and USA do not win.
· They have never before qualified for the Olympic Games through the World Cup.
· Serbia beat Kenya 3-0 on Saturday and have now won their last nine matches in the competition, their best run in World Cup history. They only failed to beat China in their opening match on 22 August (3-1).