· China defeated Peru in all previous five encounters at the World Cup. Their last meeting in the competition came in 1999 (3-1 China win).
· This will be the third meeting between these teams in this century. China beat Peru in straight sets both at the 2010 World Championships and at the 2011 World Grand Prix.
· Peru's last win over China at a major international competition came at the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul (3-2 in group stage).Peru
· After their straight-sets opening win over Algeria, Peru have now lost three successive matches in the competition without claiming a set (Korea, Serbia, United States).
· In their last World Cup participation, in 2007, they last recorded four straight-sets defeats in a row.
· Seven of their last eight wins have come by a 3-0 scoreline.
· Peru had a different top scoring player in each of their four matches: Karla Ortiz (v ALG), Clarivett Yllescas (v KOR), Katherine Regalado, Yllescas (v SRB) and Katherinne Olemar (v USA).China
· China bounced back from their straight set defeat against United States, by beating Korea Republic in four sets on Wednesday 26 July.
· Their 3-0 defeat against USA marks the only time China failed to win a single set in their last 27 World Cup matches.
· China have won a record 67 World Cup matches. Cuba and Japan are next with 66 wins each.
· China can win four of their first five matches at a World Cup tournament for the third consecutive time, following 2003 and 2011. Both in 2003 and 2011 China secured a spot at the Olympic Games.