· In their only previous meeting at the World Cup (2007), Dominican Republic beat Peru 3-2 after trailing two sets.
· Their only other encounter at any major international tournament came at the 1998 World Championship, when Peru defeated Dominican in five sets.
· Peru have lost their last 11 World Cup matches against NORCECA sides. Their last victory came in 1991 beating Canada in straight sets.
· Dominican Republic have lost their last two matches. They had won the previous three.
· They now have a W3-L3 record after having also lost their opening match against Russia.
· Dominican Republic last lost three in a row at the 2011 World Cup.
· Yonkaira Paola Peña Isabel scored 13 points against Serbia (3-0 defeat), including four points from serving.
· Peru followed up a 3-0 win over Algeria in their World Cup opener with five defeats in a row.
· Peru have now lost their last five World Cup matches in straight sets, a team record-equalling run within the competition (previously set in 1995).
· The last time Peru lost a World Cup match other than in straight sets, was against Dominican Republic in 2007 (3-2 defeat).
· Karla Ortiz scored a team-high 13 points against Japan on Sunday (3-0 loss), including 10 from spikes.