· Korea Republic and Peru will meet for the ninth time in the World Cup. Korea won five, Peru three.
· The last three World Cup encounters were all won by Korea Republic in straight sets. The last win from Peru came in 1991, when they prevailed in five sets.
· The first World Cup encounter between these teams came in 1973 when the teams were battling for third place. Korea Republic won in straight sets.
· Korea Republic only once (1985) failed to win a single set against Peru in the World Cup.
· Korea Republic have lost their 2015 World Cup opener to United States, failing to win a single set.
· Korea have alternated their results in their last five World Cup matches: L-W-L-W-L.
· Korea have lost their last six matches in the competition that went to five sets. Their last win in a five-setter came against United States in 1999.
· Kim Hee-Jin (11 points) and Kim Yeon-Koung (10) both reached double figures against United States.
· Peru won their opener in the 2015 World Cup in straight sets against Algeria.
· With that win, Peru ended a losing streak of eight in the competition. Their previous win came in 2007 against Kenya (3-0).
· Peru can win back-to-back World Cup matches for the first time since beating Canada and Korea Republic consecutively in 1989.
· The last time Peru recorded two successive straight set wins in the competition was back in 1977, beating Hungary and Soviet Union in the consolation round.