· Peru have won their only two previous meetings in the World Cup, winning 3-0 in 1973 and 3-1 in 1999.
· Their most recent meeting was in 2014 at the World Grand Prix, when Argentina won 3-0.
· They also met at the three most recent South American Championships (2013, 2011 and 2009). Argentina won all three meetings, only losing two sets in the process. In 2009 and 2011, these meetings took place in the semi-finals.Argentina
· Argentina have either won or lost by a 3-0 score line in their last five World Cup matches (W2-L3).
· Argentina are the only team in the competition with at least 30 matches who have yet to play a five-setter.
· Argentina have won three matches at the 2015 World Cup and another win would mean a team record.
· Natalia Aispurua scored a team-high 10 points against China on Tuesday (3-0 defeat), including eight spikes from 13 attempts..Peru
· Peru followed up a 3-0 win over Algeria in their World Cup opener with seven defeats in a row, including six in straight sets.
· Peru have won only one of their last 16 World Cup matches and are winless in their last seven since that 3-0 win against Algeria on 22 August.
· Peru can lose eight successive matches for the second time in history of the competition after 2007.