· Kenya failed to win a set in all three previous World Cup meetings with China (1991, 1995, 2011).
· Their only other encounter at a major international tournament came at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games (group stage). Again, China did not drop a set against Kenya.
· Kenya are still winless at the 2015 World Cup. On Sunday, they suffered their sixth straight defeat of this campaign, a 3-0 loss against United States.
· Kenya have now lost their last five World Cup matches in straight sets. They only avoided a 3-0 defeat in their opening match against Cuba (3-1 loss).
· Kenya have won only one of their 47 World Cup matches and have lost their last 29, since a 3-0 win over Egypt in 1995.
· On Sunday, China recorded their fourth win of this World Cup campaign (L1), beating Cuba in straight sets.
· China have now won their last two World Cup matches in straight sets and can win three in a row by a 3-0 score line for the first time in a single edition since 2003.
· Chunlei Zeng and Changning Zhang both scored a team-high 16 points against Cuba (3-0).
· China had five players scoring points from spikes, blocks and serves in their win against Cuba.