· Kenya and Dominican Republic will meet for the third time in the World Cup. The two previous matches both ended in a win for Dominican Republic.
· The first World Cup encounter between these countries came in 2007, when Dominican Republic won in straight sets. In 2011, the second meeting, Kenya managed to win one set but lost again.
· These teams also met once at the world championships. In 2002, Dominican beat Kenya in straight sets.
· Kenya have won both of their 2015 encounters with NORCECA countries. In the World Grand Prix they defeated Mexico twice (3-2, 3-0).
· Cuba proved too strong for Kenya in their opening match at the 2015 World Cup (3-1).
· Kenya's only win in the competition came in 1995 against fellow African side Egypt (3-0). This win also marked their first set wins after 17 consecutive straight set defeats.
· Kenya could become the first African country with multiple wins in the World Cup. Algeria can also achieve this feat on Sunday.
· Mercy Moim scored 26 points in Kenya's match against Cuba of which 24 came from spikes and two from blocks.
· Monica Biama will celebrate her 27th birthday on the day of the match.
· Dominican Republic failed to win a set in their 2015 World Cup opener as Russia.
· Dominican have now lost their last two World Cup matches without claiming a set. They can lose three matches in a row in straight sets for the first time since four successive in 2003.
· Dominican's last three wins in the competition came in five sets.
· Gina Altagracia Mambru Casilla was the only player reaching double figures against Russia (12 points).