· Japan have won all of their previous four World Cup meetings with Kenya in straight sets.
· Kenya are yet to win a set against Japan in any major international competition as they also suffered straight set defeats at the world championships (3 matches) and Olympic Games (1).
· Japan have not lost a single set in the World Cup against African opposition (9 matches).Japan
· Japan have won seven of their last eight matches at the World Cup, only losing to Russia in five sets on Sunday.
· Japan have played 99 World Cup matches, most among all teams with Korea (also 99).
· Their 65 victories at the World Cup is one shy of the record held by China and Cuba (66).Kenya
· Kenya's losing streak at the World Cup is now at 26 straight in the competition after defeating Egypt 3-0 in 1995.
· They took only one set in their last six World Cup matches (3-1 defeat against Cuba on Saturday).
· No nation have lost more World Cup matches in straight sets than Kenya (38). Korea are next with 34.