· Serbia and Japan will meet for the third time in the World Cup. Serbia won the previous two meetings - 3-1 in 2007 and 3-0 in 2011.
· Japan have won the last two encounters with Serbia in all major international tournament - 3-1 at both the 2014 and 2015 World Grand Prix.
· In all of their major international tournaments meetings Japan leads with five wins to Serbia's four.Japan
· Japan have won 11 of their last 12 World Cup matches and are unbeaten in their last five, since a 3-2 defeat against Russia on 23 August.
· Japan have won their last five matches and can win six in a row for the first time at a single World Cup edition.
· They can win three in a row in straight sets for the first time since 2011, when their run of three straight-sets wins included a 3-0 victory against Korea.
· Haruka Miyashita will celebrate her 21st birthday on the day of the match.Serbia
· On Monday, Serbia came back from two sets down to win 3-2 against Russia, ending Russia's winning streak at the 2015 World Cup.
· Serbia are now on a six-match winning streak, their best run in World Cup history.
· Even if they keep winning all remaining matches they could miss out on the top two spots because of the points tiebreaker.
· Tijana Boskovic scored 27 points in Serbia's 3-2 win against Russia on Monday, including 26 from 41 spike attempts.