· This will be the eighth World Cup meeting between Cuba and Peru. Cuba won in all previous seven occasions.
· Peru only managed to score two sets in these seven matches.
· Earlier this year, Peru defeated Cuba 3-0 in the World Grand Prix in Trujillo (PER) on 4 July.
· This century these teams have met on seven occasions in major competitions. Cuba won the first four, Peru the most recent three. These last three meetings were all in the World Grand Prix.Cuba
· Cuba lost their seventh World Cup match against Serbia on Friday (3-0). Their previous highest number of losses in one season was five in 1981 and 2003.
· Six of their seven defeats this campaign were in straight sets. Only against Dominican Republic (3-1 loss) they avoided a 3-0 defeat.
· They have now matched their total number of straight set defeats of their last eight World Cup appearances combined (1981-2007).Peru
· Peru lost 3-2 against Argentina on Friday, their eighth successive defeat. Their only win of the season came in their opening match when they beat Algeria 3-0.
· Peru have never lost nine consecutive World Cup matches. They lost eight in a row once before in 2007.
· Peru's top scorer in their last match against Argentina was Katherine Regalado with 19 points, the highest number of scoring by a Peruvian player in a single match so far this season.