· These teams will meet for the ninth time in the competition. China won the first three meetings (1977, 1981, 1985), Cuba the following four (1989, 1991, 1995, 1999) and China the last (2003) of the previous eight.
· China have won the last six meetings with Cuba at major international tournaments, including the final for bronze at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (3-1).
· Cuba's last win over China came in the group stage of the 2008 Olympic Games (3-2).
· Cuba won their second Olympic gold medal beating China 3-1 in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games final.Cuba
· Cuba lost in straight sets to Russia on Thursday, which saw their record drop to one win and four defeats in this World Cup.
· Cuba's only victory so far at this World Cup came in their opener against Kenya (3-1) on 22 August.
· After that, Cuba have managed to win only one more set in the tournament, in a 3-1 defeat against Dominican Republic.
· Cuba can lose five in a row in the competition for the first time since five straight in 1981.China
· China defeated Peru 3-0 on Thursday, improving to 4-1 in the table in this World Cup.
· China have won all of this year's matches by 3-0 or 3-1, except for their straight sets defeat against United States on 24 August.
· Yuan Xinyue led China in scoring against Peru. She recorded 16 points, seven from kill blocks.