· China have not dropped a set in their previous three World Cup meetings with Argentina (1999, 2003, 2011).
· These teams have met three times at the World Grand Prix, their only other encounters at major international tournaments. China again prevailed against Argentina in all three - 3-1 in 2012 and two 3-0 wins in 2013.Argentina
· Argentina's 3-0 defeat against United States on Monday ended their best winning streak at the World Cup; two matches.
· They have won three matches at this World Cup and another win would mean a team record.
· Argentina have either won or lost by a 3-0 score line in their last four matches: W2-L2.
· Josefina Fernandez scored a team-high 11 points against USA.China
· China have won their last four World Cup matches and can win (at least) five in a row for the first time since 13 successive wins in 2003-2011.
· China have won their last three matches in straight sets. They can win four matches in a row in straight sets for the first time since 2003.
· Xiaotong Liu scored 11 spikes from 16 attempts in the 3-0 win against Kenya on Monday, a scoring percentage of 68 percent.
· Junjing Yang scored nine points from 14 spike attempts against Kenya, 64 percent.