· Dominican Republic and Argentina will meet for the third time at the World Cup.
· In 2003, when Dominican Republic made their World Cup debut, they beat Argentina 3-1 in their final match of the campaign.
· In 2011, Argentina took revenge by beating Dominican Republic 3-1 in their opening match.
· The two teams most recently met at the 2014 World Championships, when Dominican Republic won 3-1 in the group stages.
· The Dominican Republic won their second match in this Women's World Cup on Sunday, blanking Kenya 3-0 and rebounding from an opening round defeat against Russia..
· For the Dominicans it was their first straight sets victory at the World Cup since beating another African side, Algeria, by the same figures in 2011..
· Just like against Russia, Gina Altagracia Mambru Casilla led the charge for the Dominicans. She posted 17 points and now has 29 for the tournament..
· Argentina rebounded handsomely from a 3-0 opening round defeat against Japan on Saturday, by beating Cuba by the same numbers on Sunday.
· With this result, the South Americans ended a five-match losing run at the World Cup, all of which were lost in straight sets.
· Emilce Sosa was on form for Argentina, leading her team on 17 points (10 spikes, 5 kill blocks, 2 aces on serve).