· United States defeated Algeria in straight sets in their only previous meeting at the World Cup in 2011.
· These teams also met at the 2013 World Grand Prix in the preliminary round. The Americans again proved too strong for Algeria, beating them without losing a set.
· United States have yet to lose a set in the World Cup against African opposition (8 matches).Algeria
· Algeria have yet to win a set at this World Cup after losing their first four matches in straight sets.
· Their 21 points in the match against Serbia are a team-low in their World Cup history. Of these 21 points, 14 were scored after opponents errors.
· Algeria have yet to win the first set in any of their World Cup matches. They lost the first set in their only win, 3-1 against Kenya in 2011.United States
· United States have won three and lost one match at this World Cup and all their three wins came by a 3-0 scoreline, against Korea, China and Peru.
· They can win consecutive matches in straight sets for the first time since 2011, when they won three in a row, including a 3-0 win against Algeria.
· United States scored 13 points from blocks against Peru, a team-high at this World Cup.
· United States have had three different topscoring players in their four matches so far: Foluke Akinradewo (v Korea, Serbia), Karsta Lowe (v China) and Tetori Dixon (v Peru).